- Antibacterial properties: One study showed that samples from black soap significantly inhibited the growth of bacteria, which helps treat skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis and other skin conditions.
- Exfoliates skin: The ingredients in African black soap are naturally exfoliating, and help to clear dead skin which can block pores and cause irritations such as razor bumps.
- Acne-fighting: African black soap has been used in Ghana and Nigeria to help balance oily skin; its exfoliating elements clear pores, which helps to lessen and prevent acne and other skin blemishes.
- Moisturizes: The oils in black soap are exceptionally moisturizing, and infuse the skin with moisture, soothing the dry skin that can cause a variety of dermatological conditions.
- Lessens hyperpigmentation (dark spots): Shea butter helps protect skin from the sun, which in turn minimizes dark spots caused by sun damage.
Raw African Black Soap (By the Pound)